Nike shoes for little ones

i bought my 1 year old a pair of nikes today only because he needs good archs and all that i usually buy the walmart brand or kmart because i think name brand shoes are to expensive but they seem to be making his feet worse. what is your opinion on name brand shoes?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would rather buy the cheapos.. kids feet grow way too fast for name brand at this age.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I didn't find it made any difference when they were little.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• see i agree this is honestly the 1st pair i have bought him but it seems like the cheap ones let his feet spread out to much its hurting his arches and then it affects his footing hes already pigeon toe and i took him to the doctor an they said higher ankles and better arches would help and it seems the velcrow (spelled that wrong i think) lets his foot spread so they go flat
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would go to a shoe store. A real one. where they measure the feet & you try stuff on.
    Anonymous

• I agree about the shoe store, have his feet measured...my oldest had very narrow feet and my two youngest have very wide feet. different brands fit them different ways. I have found sketchers work great on my youngest two which are now 5 and 7. Nike's were never good on them, they were always too narrow. My youngest wore OshKosh or Keds when he was a toddler which I was always able to find on sale at the outlet mall for around the same price as walmart (I always look for a bargain or try very hard to).
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If my kids were having issues with arches or anything else foot related I would consider just sucking it up and going to stride rite. There shoes are made for kids feet and may work a little better for your LO's needs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I sometimes feel like I need to take a second mortgage when I go in but I usually buy one or two good pairs of Stride Right Shoes. They stand up to the wear and tear and the people in the store have a little training in properly measuring a childs foot. They have good support and can take a beating. I get cheaper shoes to supplement them. The outlet stores have a good selection and the staff has always been just as nice there.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011