How do you work on a marriage if only one is trying?

LeanneO71208

Asked by LeanneO71208 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• there is no working it out if not both of u are trying im not married but im with my dd father and were going through the same thing u can't do it on ur own
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• It takes both people to make a marriage work.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You don't you separateand divorce. If you both are not willing to work on the marriage it won't work.

Answer by louise2 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Sad to say but I agree with all of the above.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 5:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• you don't!
    mommee_b

Answer by mommee_b at 8:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Normally I would say that one person working won't help...and then I saw the movie "FIreproof". It makes you realize that you can't change anyone else's behaviour but if you change your own behaviour, it will change the way they act to you. The movie has a strong Christian base to it. Check out the website: www.fireproofmymarriage.com

Wishing you the best!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 8:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• If they respect you and your feelings,I believe it can work. But you can't make someone try and care...or even love or like you. Possibly try church or counseling. If he still doesn't seem to care, move on to someone who wants what you want.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2008