Have you ever been i n a situation where a guy got you drunk and took advantage of you

How did you feel about it?

I am asking because 10 yrs ago my sisters bil was hanging out at my place alot and one night, my kids were at their dad's he bought us a 12 pack...so he went and helped himself to me.... now 10 years later I want to tell my sister but I am afraid and ashamed. I just feel though if I get this in the open It will lift that shameful feeling I have but i'm not sure.
She knows he is a pig, he has even been to prison for rape and courts young single moms and I just know what he is doing because it happened to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I cannot even tell you how many friends this has happened to, including myself. I was 16, most of my girlfriends were in college when it happened. How I dealt with it was to be angry, hurt and then own it. It happened, it's done, I can't change it and I can't prosecute. I can change the future, how I drink, who I hang out with, how I'd handle it if it ever happened again (didn't report it when it happened). I would know it wasn't my fault despite the alcohol and karma is a bitch, that is for sure!

You can tell your sister and explain that that is why you think he's a scumbag if you think it'll make you feel better. For what it's worth, I am normal, well educated, married, employed, attractive, whatever... point is, rape doesn't discriminate.
    Anonymous

• i would call to maybe warn her because he did rape you.. being drunk is considered rape.. just be careful how you word it
    Anonymous

• it all happened when i was 16.. i woke up with him on top i kicked his ass went to a friends house (lived right down the st) went to the cops there was nothing they could do becasue i was drinking .. sob!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oh, wait, it was your sister's husband's brother? lol, scratch that, reverse it... is he married?

I'm not sure why you'd keep it a secret all this time...?
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry it happened to you. I was always willing back before I was married so it would never of happened to me. I never drank around anybody I wouldn't sleep with.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes, It happened to me when I was 18. This guy from my dorm drugged me, and when I came to for a few minutes, he was on top of me. I never said anything, but he wanted to date me after that, and I was completely disgusted.

I think you should mention it to your sister. That guy probably shouldn't be around her or her kids.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but I don't care how many beers I drink, I know that sleeping with my sister's husband is not an option. WTF was he doing at your house that night anyway?? He came over to hang out long before you took a sip of beer. I'm not sure we're hearing this whole story.
    Anonymous

• Anon, it was her SISTER'S BIL, not her sister's husband . . . . phew, huh?
    Anonymous

• No one can "get you drunk"!!! You made the choice to drink, it wasn't poured down your throat. The guy shouldn't have raped you, that goes without saying, but you got drunk on your own.
    Anonymous

• That is how this guy works...and right now he is dating a single mom and buying her booze and it makes me sick because first of all he is on probation and shouldn't be near the stuff but It is how he works and some guys are just that way they do not know how to get sex the right way so they pick the wrong way and convince themselves it is ok...it has nothing to do with if I was drunk... a decent man knows better
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011