I know that it is hard to wait to see your baby

but do you think that getting a 3d iltrasound is worth the money being spent on one when it can go towards something else. Un less you just wanted to be sure everything was normal.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine was free and I got three of them. My hospital didn't even ask if I wanted it done they just did it everytime I had an ultrasound which was about every two weeks.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Well some places they make you wait until at least ur 28 weeks apart. my husband wants us to get one when i turn 28 weeks right now i am going on 24 weeks
    sweetangel8211

Answer by sweetangel8211 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• A 3D ultrasound is usually for entertainment purposes only, not really to see if anything's wrong.... I had one done with both my pregnancies, but it was just for fun. If I was strapped for cash, I'd have skipped it. This last time, the baby didn't really cooperate anyway, so I didn't even get any clear images anyway...

In other words, if you can afford it, it's a nice thing to have, but not necessary by any means.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• ive always wanted a 3d ultrasound with all 3 of my kids. never got one. i think they are super cool.. i dont think id spend all that money on them.. of course if i could afford it i would!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's great to have at least 3 :)
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 4:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It depends if you have the money or not. If you need the money for bills, food, diapers or whatever then you probaby shouldn't get the ultrasound just for the fun of it. If you have the extra money and you're spending it on the ultrasound instead of extra clothes, or entertainment or something else that isn't a necessity then go ahead.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I got to have a 3D ultrasound but I didn't have to pay for it, the place where I get my ultrasounds on a normal basis just happen to have a machine with the 3D option. If your doctor sends you for an ultrasound, you might just ask the people if they have the option to do 3D.

I think they are awesome, but if I had to pay for it, I would DEFINITELY have to make sure I had enough money to buy everything else I needed for myself and the baby FIRST. If you've got the extra cash, go for it. I think that they recommend you do it around 28-32 weeks but I am not for sure. But if your budget is tight, it's probably best to just save your money for something more necessary.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have never even had the option to! I have heard that in bigger cities or states that they have walk in clinics that do ONLY the 3-D ultrasounds for the purpose of seeing your baby.

I guess it depends to me how much they cost....so, how much are they?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's not *that* hard to wait.
    I don't do any kinds of ultrasounds with my pregnancies for preferring health & safety. So obviously I wouldn't pay anything for them.
    ;-)
    If you think something may be wrong, discuss this with your care provider. U/Ss are one of many kinds of tools to check baby. You might be able to go with something safer.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my doc doesn't recommend them and I would rather spend the money on baby stuff that is needed/wanted.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 6:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011