33 weeks and 5 days pregnant..

is it silly that i want to have my hospital bag packed and ready to go?
what are some things you suggest i pack?

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 4:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not at all!! you are better off being prepared. Make sure you have: A set of clothes to leave the hospital in. Nightgowns to wear in recovery so you aren't stuck in a hospital gown the whole time. A light robe to wear over your gown if you want it. Socks or slippers if you think you'll need them. A nursing bra if you plan on breastfeeding. Breast pads. Travel size toiletries - deodorant, shampoo, soap/body wash, toothpaste, etc. Ipod/mp3 player if you have one. A book to read, some gum, chapstick, hairbrush and ties/clips.
    For the baby, a "coming home" outfit or blankie - the hospital generally provides tshirts, diapers, and swaddling blankets while you are there, along with whatever else the baby may need. Pacifier if you want the baby to have one, and you may want Bring a boppy if you plan on breastfeeding - the boppy will become your best friend.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA...YOU WILL KICK YOURSELF.

Baby: a couple outfits, a blanket, socks, and my breast pump (my hospital never let me use a good one...just gave me a kind of crappy manual), car seat, and extra bag for the goodies they send you home with.

You: Your own toiletries: toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, hair supplies, toothpaste etc, an outfit to wear home, something to wear while you are in the hospital, socks, and a delicious snack and drink for right after you give birth. Oh...and a few pairs of underwear. they will give you some mesh dealies, but if you want real undies, be prepared to change them often.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I had mine packed once I was about half way there. I hit 20 weeks and I packed and put it in my car. So, I will say "no".
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i am due thursday and still havent packed but my hospital actually has a list on their website of things you need to bring for sure..you may want to check that out too
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011