Weight!

when you first get pregnant do you lose or gain weight?? with my son i lost and the dr i just went to argued with me so im curious of yall oppion??

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I lost with my first, gained with my second.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have read in many books that it is normal to not gain or to eveb lose weight since you are sick in the beginning. If you are uncomfortable with the way your doctor was towards you I would search or another doctor.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sometimes you lose then gain weight.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 5:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It can go either way. Usually you gain, but if you are sick/vomiting a lot, you more than likely lose.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• With my son I lost even though I ate like a pig and with my daughter I gained even though I wasn't very hungry.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I gained a lot of weight at first, that was the first sign I was pregnant. Now I'm barely gaining anything and I am 25 weeks pregnant. I think it is different from woman to woman. Just try to eat healthy. Good luck!
    1sttimemommy711

Answer by 1sttimemommy711 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• up until last week i had only gained 8 pounds and i was 38 weeks...i gained and lost the whole time..i got a virus last week and lost 9 pounds so as it stands i lost a pound during this pregnancy
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• when i was pregnant with my son i was 130 before then found out and stuff i was like 115 i only ended weighing 140 when i had him so im not really a big person to start with. and i tried explain why i felt that wy and she was like no no u gain and all the bs and my sis-n-law lost weight with both of her girls so i dont kno i wouldnt go back and see her i just wanted a test she was trying to push other issues towards me!
    kolbysmama20

Comment by kolbysmama20 (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2011