650 candy bars later

Just an update on my dds fundraiser at school. Money is due tomorrow but we sold 650 candy bars and she is in 1st place!Unless someone comes in and buys a whole box of candy in one of the other kids names then she is going to win the $125 prize at school. I am planning to spend it on new cleats for softball, a new glove for her and to also pay my ticket to Tweetsy railroad since they are around $30. I think I am being fair in what I get her dont you? She technically did not actually sell this candy on her own. She had help.

Asked by gemgem at 4:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Your plan is totally fair gemgem IMO. You are also helping her with the concept of TEAMwork! =) BTW...that is a LOT of $$$ to have to pay for a field trip (even 1 ticket @ $30)!
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 6:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sounds fair to me. By doing this it is also teaching her to be generous, responsible and helpful, imo.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• really - that's a lot of candy!?!? All of the items for her are to lessen your burden but to give her something toward her activity... the railroad ticket does not make sense to me... why not allow her to have a splurge it is, afterall, bonus money as I would call it and encourage her to involve herself in the fundraisers if she wants dividends. I dunno...
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 4:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We plan to give her around $20 to splurge on. Shes 6 so she has no real concept of money. The softball she wanted to play and she knows she needs new stuff and likes the idea of buying it with her own money. The railroad ticket is a field trip with her school. I paid her half, and have to pay my half. She wants me to come.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• well that info makes more sense.. but ouch.. expensive ticket!! She is a bit young to understand completely, but you can always start teaching and this is a good way to.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 9:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't just give it all to her,but this could be a good time,since this is extra money,to teach her about saving.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2011