What do these symptoms mean?

Horrible headache, dizzy when I stand up, sick to my stomach, and heart is racing. I am 15 weeks pregnant.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• That sounds like your sugar may be low... I would call the doc right away and consider eating a chocolate bar in the mean time to see if it makes you feel any better. If it doesn't make you feel any better your doc should know what to do.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It can be the change in your hormones. Call your doctor for advice to make sure it is nothing serious. But, a lot of the symptoms you listed is caused from the hormone imbalance. Your body changes so rapidly during a pregnancy that it cannot keep up with itself. It could also be some dehydration or not eating enough. Hope you get it taken care of!
    brbiddle

Answer by brbiddle at 4:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Call your doctor and describe exactly what is happening and how often.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oh, also, have your thyroid levels checked. Ask for a thyroid panel. A lot of women will have thyroid deficiencies during pregnancies, which can leave you feeling this way.
    brbiddle

Answer by brbiddle at 4:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Try taking whey protein for strength and wellness :)
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 4:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011