How can we be friends?

My ex, and the father of my twins, is dating another girl. She hates me and I dont know why. Last night we got in a really big fight and she threatened to fight me for custody of my girls. She wouldnt win even if she tried. But im sick of getting threatened to be"killed" or beat up. FROM this girl. Maybe we cant be FRIENDS but I want to atleast get along with her. If she is with my twins' father, thn we need to atleast tolerate each other for the sake of my daughters.

What is your opnion? I could REALLY use some help!

GraciesMommy464

Asked by GraciesMommy464 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Can you have a rational discussion with your ex? Ask him to mediate. Let her know that you just want everyone to get along for the sake of your children. Refuse to engage in any arguments with her; if it starts just tell her you'll be happy to talk it out, but you want to do it calmly. Let them know in no uncertain terms that you will not tolerate further threats without it affecting your arrangement.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Dont even bother. She has made up her mind about you based on what she has been told about you. My ex had his mistress and she hated me and did fight me (or had ex do it) for custody of my son. We spent several years in court and $22k EACH on lawyers. I finally had it in the order she isnt to contact me, have any decision making abilities in my sons welfare, is not allowed to do anything without written permission from me and dad, and that only he is allowed to contact me about problems with our son. They are split up now thank GOD but it was years and years of torment. She even stalked me, told my son when I had his little sister I didnt love him as much anymore and all that. Some people are not worthy of your friendship.

Answer by gemgem at 4:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• What does the twins fatherthink of HER behavior???? He should be putting her in her place!!!! If YOU are willing to accept the fact that He is with another girl and things didnt work out for ya'll - but you are doing things right to insure he has time with the twins then WTF is her problem. and besides that ..... she may or may not be in their lives for the long hall.

I'd stop trying and then I would let him know.... if he cant control his animal then maybe she needs to be left in her cage during the drop off and pick up of the twins!!!!
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• call the cops for her threatening to kill you. wth is wrong with that woman. that way you have proof your ex is with an unstable woman & custody will work out i your favor. i wouldn't even attempt to be friends with the nutjob.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 4:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree with a lot of these responses and I'd call her bluff and file a restraining order against her. Call your ex and tell him to tell her she's a wacko and shouldn't be around your twins!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I know how you feel but i wouldn't chance with any threats from her... get a restraining order out against her... heck i'm going threw a similar situation but its not only my ex's S/O but himself as well... but i have to say i agree with almost everyone else here call the cops that's really an unsafe situation for the twins to be in especially because of the threats made towards you
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Wow, its his JOB to mediate that situation, and MAKE him or get an order of protection. God knows what she will do to your girls while he has them. I always tried to make all the SO x's get to know me, its healthy especially if i am going to be around the children. Seems like she is childish and immature and he needs to man up and DO something about her.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 12:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011