i am makeing devil eggs and it tast like garlic. the filling. is there anything i can do with out haveing to started over?

we uesed moya 6 tabl. 6 tabl jack daniel's mustard. 3 tsb garlic salt, 3 tsp onion powder,and 24 eggs. what did i do wrong?

littlebug83

Asked by littlebug83 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• well everyone makes it different. i put relish in mine...if you like relish, maybe you can try that. i don't know a measurement, i always just guestimate.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I don't know of any way to cut the garlic taste other than cooking yet another dozen eggs and using the new yolks to thin it out, which would make an awful lot of deviled eggs. I'd just about say give up on the deviled eggs and chop the whites and some of the yolk mixture and make egg salad. Here is my deviled egg recipe- (for one dozen eggs) mash the yolks, put in about 1/2 to 1 tsp, salt, about 2 tsp sugar, about 2 Tbl vinegar. taste and add more if needed. It makes a tangy and tasty deviled egg.

Answer by Bmat at 3:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• by: Bmat
    i might make that tonight. my dh is chopping at the bits for deviled eggs. and we ordered our dinner from cracker barrel
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I think it was a little much on the garlic salt you might try to fry some bacon and crumble it up fine then use a little of the bacon grease to liighten the garlic taste Rose 455
    Rose455

Answer by Rose455 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Did you say three TABLEspoons of garlic salt?? No wonder - that is way too much!! If that is a typo, then I don't know.
    Anonymous