Would you allow your 14 year old son to play in a band that is at bars every weekend?

Half naked shot girls walking around. Big drunk parties? Would you be okay with that? Even if he's making money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would be there, too. He is too young to be in a place like that alone.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would go with to supervise :)
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 4:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If I could be there too then yeah. If not, it would really depend on his track record and maturity level.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm pretty sure that's not legal... When one of my exes was in a band, everybody in the band had to be over 21 to play at a venue that served alcohol... I could be wrong though.

But no, I don't think I'd be okay with that. Not so much because of the half naked girls, he probably sees as bad or worse at the local mall, but a 14 year old doesn't need to be out that late at night.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• As long as me, my dh, or someone I trusted was there I wouldnt mind.

Answer by gemgem at 4:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• you would need to go with and I say go! Some of my best memories with my guitarist son are going to his gigs when he was underage. Especially if he is getting paid, that is hard to come by!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I used to do that when I was in high school. Go to the gigs.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Absolutely. I'd think it was great he was talented enough to make money at what he loves. And I agree with the others, I would go to watch, support and make sure nothing bad happened to him.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• As long as I was there, it would be fine

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Find out what you laws are. But I'm pretty sure that even though he's in the band - he can't go into a bar under the age of 18.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011