Costs of 3D & 4D ultrasounds?

I know it's probably different for everyone, but I was wondering about how much it's going to cost to get a few snapshots of the baby in 3 or 4D imaging.. Also, can anyone tell me how much of a difference there really is in the images? I know they look a lot clearer and more defined, but is it worth the price difference?

WaitingOnPeanut

Asked by WaitingOnPeanut at 4:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The pics I got were really neat - I believe it was around $180 for the first one (21 weeks) and then $100 for the second (30 weeks) because they give you a discount if you come twice during the same pregnancy. I got tons of pictures and video. Here are a couple pics from the 21 and 31 week 3D ultrasound. 

PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That's so cute! Thank you. :) I called the doctor & they told me 3 & 4D imaging would both cost $100 each time, and the clinic provides 1 free 4D image throughout the pregnancy. But.. she told me that it wasn't a good idea to do it before 26wks because the baby's development would still primarily be skeletal and muscular & wouldn't get a good picture.. but yours look great! I can't wait to see it's little face!! :) The 2D ultrasounds are nice, but there's such a big difference, and I really love the idea of seeing it's little face and body clearly defined before you ever even get to see it for the first time. This is my first baby and these ultrasounds have just AMAZED me lol. I just wanna see it all the time haha. :P 

WaitingOnPeanut

Comment by WaitingOnPeanut (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• They told me the same thing about waiting until 26 weeks but I just couldn't wait! Even at 21 weeks here are her arms and legs which you won't see anything like it in 2D! LOL Good luck!

PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That's amazing!! I know I feel the same way, I don't want to wait until the end to do it. I wanna see it NOW! lol Thanks again. :) 

WaitingOnPeanut

Comment by WaitingOnPeanut (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• the best place to get one here has a package for 99 dollars
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I got mine for about $120....but I got a cd with about 20 images on it, a DVD of the entire session and 4 printed pics.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011