Work

I have been cleaning for this family for fours now on odd days of the week,lately they have asked me to come on mondays and thursdays so I've been doing that. My other job is extremely part time I'm lucky if I get 5 hours a week. I told her I can't work for her mondays and thursdays at all I made a commitment to these people first and I've told her several times. I was for this other family before I met my boss. She asked me to change my days again because she has one job for me to do this thursday and I just can't. How do I talk to her without her being so upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• Try taking control of the schedule. Bring your planner and block the jobs in. When someone asks you to come another day, open the planner. If you are on the phone say," Just a moment, let me look at my shedule. Hmmm, it looks like I am scheduled already on Thursday. I can fit you in on Tues or Sat, if you would like. Do either of those times work for you?" When you approach it like that, there is no room for someone to get upset with you because it is purely about the schedule.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I told my boss two weeks ago I can't work on mondays and thursdays,if I do they will find someone else that will work those days. I can't lose that job its all I have that's consistant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011