If your dh has a brother and his bro is married. How do you and your sil both get along with mil

Do both of you get along with mil? ONLY one of you get along with her. do you get along with sil.. my SIL AND MIL are besties... BUT they dont really like me:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• My mil and I get along ok, most of the time. She tends to push things, but other than that, we get along fine. My sils are all older ( except my husbands biological sister) so we don't have much in common. My husbands sister and I get a long ok, we have different views on things.... Plus they are a little redneck, nothing wrong with that except when they have drunk friends hanging off their porch or shooting guns at 9 am. ( they are also our neighboors) I do have to point out, that my husbands parents are as old as my grandparents, so I think that it's a little harder to connect to them.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my dh has a brother..from what i understand his wife doesnt like my MIL. I try to not stick my nose in that. I am besties with my MIL though =) I dont really talk to my SIL outside of family activities..we get along nicely though and talk nice when we are around each other. I like her.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• MIL & SIL get along great. SIL class MIL mom. SIL would always tell me it wasn't like that at frist that they never liked each other and that it took years to get where they are. OK, fine believable at frist. However, it's been 6 years and MIL & I relationship hasn't inporved if not it's gotten worse. MIL doesn't like that I stand up for myself and my kids. That when we had/have stepkids I had a say in what they can and couldn't do because I was the one home with them while S/O was working.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• well...they are now divorced. But. MIL always used to talk shit about my SIL....LOL! I wondered how much shit she talked about me, but DH assured me that MIL loves me very much. I hope he is right, so far we get along GREAT.

DH's brother has a new candidate....oy...hope she is alright!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• we get along fine with my SIL far as I know, we think she gets some weird ideas sometimes, but no one has really fought badly with her far as I know
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I get along with my MIL for the most part. Shortly after my husband and I moved from them she started to I guess not like me and we had a fight after my daughter was born but have gotten over it. She tends to tell me in a round about way that I don't have control over my three year old and I'm sure she talks about me behind my back since she talks about my SIL's behind theirs. As for my SIL's we get along ok. My one is a little fake and I can't stand fake people but she is ok and the other one treats my BIL like shit. I don't like the way she treats him but we did get along a lot better but then I got pregnant and she stopped talking to me unless she has to talk to me. She was trying to get pregnant and we weren't and got pregnant. Maybe once she gets pregnant things will go back to normal. She tells everyone that she is the way she is right now because she is depressed.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That has to be hard to deal with. Don't fret too much. If they don't like you for who you are, then it's their problem. I'm sure you've got other good people/friends who an make up for that.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my MIL and I get along okay but my SIL (my husband's brother's wife) absolutely haaaaates her and her husband. but so does my brother in law... I mean they hate the parents. I don't love them, because one is mean and the other a ghost of a human, but I can get along with them if needed, unlike the rest of the family.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 6:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011