Do oyuo have life insurance?

and how often do you meet with the company that offers it to you?/ We do and have been with the samne company for 8 years...just got a new lady though and had our 1st meeting with her. Went well and she is really helpful and is working to help with financial stuff ( retirement, 401k stuff and debt repayment stuff as well. we meet Wed night again...I am excited

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 5:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• We do. It's through mine and DH's work. He also carries it on our kids. I think he meets with them once a year.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 5:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have a small plan from my bank. Don't have to meet with them, just keep money in my account to pay for it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes, DH and I both have it through our jobs.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com/life-insurance-premium-calculator

elize964

Answer by elize964 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Of course- but we don't meet with the company ever. It's pretty straight forward, we pay the bill, we get life insurance. If something were to change in our lives, then we might buy more insurance. But right now things are pretty stable.

BTW tspillane, you should have additional life insurance coverage outside of work. Statistically speaking you are more likely to get sick, lose your job (and your life insurance) and THEN die, then to die while having a job.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Unfortunately I don't have any
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 10:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• One of the problems with having life insurance thru your work, is that if you separate from the company, not all companies let you take your insurance coverage w/ you. And if they do, the rate is unbelievably high! The problem with policies thru your banks, is that 9 times out of 10 it's only Accidental Death coverage, which means if you pass from, say a heart attack, it will NOT pay out. If anyone has any questions feel free to msg me with them. Don't worry, I am only licensed in 4 states, so more than likely I can't even sell you a policy, so don't worry about me trying to pitch you all as me being your agent!! lol
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2011