Eroding hips.... the warning signs things are really bad and need hip replacement

It has been 6 yr yrs since I had insurance and back then the Dr's had said my hips were eroding...... well they both pop more often and crack and they hurt mostly when I have to stand for longer then 10 minutes. also I have walk slow and cannot run to save my sons life. Also when I am sleeping on my side I have to have a pillow between my legs or the hips really hurt!
does this sound like I should be seeking medical attention

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• I'd say so. I have bad hips too and I'm 23. I've had everything from inflamed hip joints, and I'm now (4 years) dealing with si disfuction. It's horrible, and I know eventually it will lead to hip replacements. If they are bothering you so much that after a few minutes standing is painful, or walking for long periods of time, or sitting... They might just give you some meds, maybe a cortisone shot... But it will likely end in replacements,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes, please see someone to get help with this. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• A hip replacement would definitely benefit you. The surgeon will replace your diseased joints for you to move better without the pain. There are many other benefits in undergoing the surgery and you should discuss it with your preferred surgeons.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2012

• Yes, you do need to get some medical help with that. Don't tolerate even a slight pain from your hip replacement surgery because if you keep on giving less heed of it, it may get worse and might need you to undergo revision. DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 5:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2012