Do you get paranoid that others aren't going to like you when you meet new people?

I have a hard time meeting new people because I'm worried that I will be rejected. Am I alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Your totally not alone mama! That's why all my friends are through the internet lol....I'm super scared that people arent going to like me once they meet me in person...or that we will run out of things to talk about...stuff like that
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sometimes, yes. It really depends on the person. But I also remember that I am who I am and I dont want someone to like me for a superficial reason. If they dont like you for who you are, theyre not worth your time. It is important to have friends, but it is also important to have a good relationship with those friends and hang out with people that like you for you.
    ReReJohnson

Answer by ReReJohnson at 5:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I used to really get stressed out, but being older now has taught me that I have to simply be nice and if they like me fine, if not no big deal.. It gets easier and easier. Be proud of who you are and smile!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yep.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm always worried my poor will show to the rich affluent moms who live in my neighborhood or with whom my kids attend school.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I used to worry about it when I was younger. If someone is going to find a reason to dislike me that is their fault not mine.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I used to, but as a matured.....i learned to not give a fuck.

Everyone must realize, that not everyone is going to like them & that is OK. They are the ones missing out, not you. If you like yourself enough, you'll think "screw them, i am awesome ".

Also, those insecurities are noticeable & they are unattractive. When you're out & about, just think of how awesome you are & people will think you're awesome too.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• nope... it is what it is, u can love me or hate me , either way it wont break me ;)
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yea, all the time!
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 6:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If they can't like you for who you are, they aren't worth worrying about. People are just people. Everyone has problems. No one is perfect. Just enjoy life and don't sweat the small stuff.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011