Would you meet someone off line?

If you meet a mom on here and yall really hit it off talking, would you go and meet them? And if you have, how did it work out?

texas21cowgirl

Asked by texas21cowgirl at 6:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I would, but none of my cafemom friends live near me at all!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 6:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Probably, if they lived in my city. I've done this before with other groups I'm in locally, and although it can be a little odd, it's worth the chance.

The main thing that throws me is how different people can be in person vs. their emails & vice versa. I'm met moms who are so great in emails and when you meet them in person, they're such duds!
    Anonymous

• only in daylight hours with out my children at a busy mall
    Anonymous

• I met my Best Friend through Cafemom and we talk everyday and I also met another girl that lives closer to me named Holly what a wonderful woman and friend she has turned out to be!
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 6:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• yea, if they were close, but it would be a public area....
    tyree08

Answer by tyree08 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i joined a group for people in my county on here and we meet up at the local parks and zoo's and places like that for play groups
    jaysesmommy

Answer by jaysesmommy at 9:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• also i forgot to mention that i met my boyfriend in a yahoo chat room back in 2004 and now we have been living together for almost 3 yrs and have a 2 yr old lil boy
    jaysesmommy

Answer by jaysesmommy at 9:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I met up with a CafeMom once... I gave her a bag full of my son's old clothes for her new baby boy. We didn't talk a whole lot b/c I had to go, but she seemed really nice.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I WOULD IF THEY AND I BOTH AGREED AND IT WAS A LONG TIME FRIEND ON HERE YES. BUT WOULD I TAKE MY KID? HECK NO! I MAY BE WILLING TO RISK A FEW THINGS BUT NOT WITH MY CHILD
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 12:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I met 2 ladies on a group that live in my home town, after talking for some time one line. We met in a public place for breakfast one day! We had a GREAT time. We are like peas in a pod. We talk often on and off line. We now make regular breakfast dates. Hope you find a friend!
    homeskoolmama

Answer by homeskoolmama at 9:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2008