I am looking to work from home.

My husband and I are having some finacial problems and I am stay at home and would like to continue to be so if possible. So I have been trying to look online to find something but everything seems to want you to spend money to do so. From my research I have found that they all tell you not to spend money to work, which makes sence to me. I am looking for advice or any siggestions, it would be very much appreciated!

Isabelle_121608

Asked by Isabelle_121608 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• Would you consider childcare? care.com has job postings in several categories. If you check it out use the pulldown to see them all. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'll second elizabr 's suggestion. I too am a SAHM and wanted to bring in a little extra. I have watched my cousins baby and that is spuratic so I put the bug in a few friends ears and now have a job that on school breaks, 1/2 days summer vacations and next year after school til about 530. the child is 8 and i make $20 a day plus food and spending $$ for secial things for him. I sit on occasion for another friend whoo has a 3 yr old and get paid $25 a day. So far thismonth I have brought in about $225 froom that alone.
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I appreciate the suggestion, but we have a tiny apartment that would no be appropriate for watching other children. But thank you again
    Isabelle_121608

Comment by Isabelle_121608 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I definitely know what you are going threw I had the same problem looking for work from home but scared to pay money to work. Spending money on a work from home job is definitely something that no one should do, but with a business it is perfectly normal to have to put in some money. I know the one I found has a low start up fee. The main thing you have to watch out for is scams and the best way to look out for them is to check everything out on the Better Business Bureau. I also wouldn't trust anything that wants you to pay before you get the information. There are some great company's to work from home with I know I found one that I love. I help other moms work from home and it is with a great group of moms if you are interested my website is www.BecauseILoveThem.com. I wish you all the best in finding yours.

MaryCEOmom

Answer by MaryCEOmom at 8:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• earningsinabasket.com has tons of ideas.. home businesses, home jobs and sites that pay
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You should check out the one I chose. I can usually find a reason to not do these business plans, but with this one, I couldn’t say no. It is 100% free to try, with no purchasing required. You only get one customer, then sign up other affiliates and help them do the same. A simple plan, that builds you residual income from your organization. My group is building this quickly. Hopefully this will be something you would like to try. Thanks in advance for taking a look at my website for more information.

www.matchrateplus.com/wise
    huntsiekfind

Answer by huntsiekfind at 11:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2011