I need ideas of how to make me feel a little better...

I am so hurt right now after loosing my job of 11 years. I have never felt this depressed and scared in all my life and we haev been through some ROUGH times! I just feel like I could go to sleep and never wake up. I mean I am so tired from being so upset and I just feel so bad... I am freezing and my whole body aches. I know it's my emotions but how do I calm down and feel better? I am used to having problems I know I can fix. This one I just don't know about....
I don;t know what section to put this in. what ever.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• On the outside of my CM diagnosis - LOL - I'll say this... you're accustomed to structure so I encourage you to set a time when you'll brush this off.... say give yourself 3 days to grieve, sleep the emotional exhaustion off and then, like clock work, put yourself on a schedule. Rather it's full-time job searching or part-time job searching and part-time SAHM..... But don't allow this to become your definition -- regardless of the reason you lost your job, you have to remember that your job is not your life - it's the means by which you financially support your life. Don't allow it more power than that.
    We're here, I'm here, if you need to vent, talk, cry, scream or need a dose of CM medicine. Again, I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 6:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You will get through this. "This too shall pass". Just because you've had problems in the past that you felt you knew how to deal doesn't mean that because you feel so "lost" with this one that you won't get through it.
    First, how long have you been feeling this way? If its just recent like within 2 weeks, give yourself time and permission to feel horrible. don't hold back because it sounds like this was very meaningful to you and if you hold it in it will just get harder to get through your days. If its been a few weeks and you feel you're still just as devasted, maybe you need to see a psychiatrist or your GP. You may actually be depressed but that is nothing to be scared of because its a normal thing to feel depressed about.
    Also importantly, reach out. Call a friend that will listen and let you grieve. Force yourself to go to Barnes & Noble and read a mag. or something. Keep us posted how you're feeling.
    anewmom3811

Answer by anewmom3811 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Getting upset always leaves me feeling exhausted - pretty much just as you described. Losing a job after 11 years is a Major life event - and it's normal that you'll go through some grieving - I strongly encourage you to allow yourself this grief process. Now, having said that, I'd like to ask: When did you lose your job? The reason I ask is this: if this was recent, last week, this week, today then this is a current grief and depression doesn't have to be imminent, but you still need to allow yourself the grief process. HOWEVER - if this job loss was a month or more ago - then you've probably already slipped into depression and may need the help of a doctor and antidepressants to get you out of it. Darlin - you're in the middle of this storm and we can never see the end of the storm from the middle - you need time, and you need emotional support. I wish you the very best and wish I could have helped you more.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• today. I just feel like I am not qualifies to get another job and the national employment rate is 8% and my state is 10% so it doesn't look in my favor...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011