Help! Going crazy!!!

I have a 7 month old baby who screams and nags and cries all day.....nothing is wring with him he just wants to be held all day, and it's making me go nuts and depressed, is it normal to feel this way? Help, I'm desperate and dont know what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think we have all been there. Is there annyone who can hold the baby for a while while you take a real long shower, blow-dry your hair, pamper yourself a little? Sometimes, just that little break and moment to take care of yourself can help.

Please know that they grow so fast, and will be not wanting our attention as much when they do. This is temporary.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My son was like this too - from the DAY he was born though - email me if you want support..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's very normal. Just know that if your baby is fed, changed, etc.. and you have worn out all options.. it wont hurt to let him cry for a bit. for your sanity.. put him in a safe place and take a break! I have to do the same with my 17 month old... sometimes they just have a bad day.. or week. It could be teething too! Try a little tylenol and see if that helps :) Good luck.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 5:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Ask someone to take over for a bit if you can, just so you can get some time to yourself. It will make dealing with your little one easier for you and also let him know that mommy doesn't have to be there every minute of the day. I hope you can get some help, and don't feel bad for getting upset. It's normal.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would definitely talk to a doctor just to make it easier on yourself. We've all been there but if it's really hard to bare at times, I'm sure there can be something prescribed so that you don't lose your marbles ;) I know exactly what you're talking about! Hang in there- it doesn't last too long :D
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Awww sorry for u! I have 4 kids but my oldest was that way day and night. I sometimes would put her in either her litle bouncy seat or swing right in the bathroom doorway while i took a shower. Im not sure if the running water was soothing but she would almost always fall asleep and if not at least i felt a little refreshed and better suited to handle the situation. It just sounds like u need some form of a break and i know there is not always someone around to help.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011