Switching from Breastfeeding to Bottle feeding....

My son will be 7mths old in 3 days I am wanting to get him on bottle do to he is already sitting on his own and when I try to breastfeed him in public he wants to be sitting down and takes the bf cover off of me he always finds away to show my tatas to ppl :) so I wanted to try bottle if not I am okay with it what will 5 more months hurt I have been bf for 7 so any ideas or suggestions TIA.....

babycakeschris

Asked by babycakeschris at 5:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son will be 7 months in 8 days LOL but I've tried to give him a bottle, of breastmilk, and he wont take it! Its even a special bottle. If you want nothing more to bottlefeed him them dont give in and eventually he will be hungry enough to take the bottle.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have tried to put breast milk in a bottle as well and we bought a sippy cup last night and put some formula in that and he drinks from it but he still wants boobie :) I feel sorry for my lil guy so I give in
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• They make a nipple shaped nipple. (?) Boobie nipple shaped bottle nipple. anyway, the hardest thing is going to be your leaking when he crys. but the longer you wait the more painful it is to stop breast feeding (for you) You have more will power than he does (i hope lol) he will be mad about it but the younger they are the quicker they forget. (also, wearing pads in your bra will help mask the mama milk smell and he won't turn to them as often as time goes by.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's very likely that he will never take a bottle from YOU... babies are smart that way. If the only problem is him pulling the shirt, teach him nursing manners. Info on how-to on kellymom.com.

You are allowed to DISALLOW that kind of behavior.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011