i have a three year that does not want to go to the toliet and he is also a very strong willed kid that will not listen to any one. I don't know what else to do?

rhonda719

Asked by rhonda719 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not much you can do actually. Because its your "fault" that he doesnt listen to -any-one.

Dont get me wrong, im not bashing or anything. But its all a matter of parenting. Try time outs and tell your child if he doesnt listen to you, then you wont listen to him/her anymore either.

Do not spank, yell or stuff like that. it will make it worse.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Your a push over and he knows it. Just let him potty train himself. Or make him under stand weather he likes it or not he is going to be potty trained.  Your will has to be stronger then his.

Answer by louise2 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I agree let potty trainning go. He will potty train himself. My oldest potty trainned himself at 3 1/2 yrs, my 2nd son potty trainned himself at 21mo. I didn't push at all
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• The more big deal you make of this the more he will resist. Boys are tough to train sometimes. Never scold or shame him or this will take forever...take a break and try again in a month or two. I know it is frustrating but hang in there!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2008