For SAHM's.....

Do you ever feel like DH takes everything you do for them and the kids for granted? Do you ALWAYS feel appreciated?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think anyone ALWAYS feels appreciated even if they are paid for their work. If they do, they are seriously fortunate. Generally my dh is awesome with gratitude and reminding me that what I do makes our lives better but sometimes he's tired and forgets to tell me. He's only human. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 5:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My husband is very good at showing his appreciation. I also make sure he knows how much I appreciate all he does for me and the kids. 

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 5:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Do I EVER feel appreciated, is more the question . . . :( It is a thankless job sometimes.
    Anonymous

• I do, but at one time I didn't. Throw out our marrage throw we did have to switch role once, becouse dh got laid off. After he did it for a week he was going crazy. Now he appreciates everything that I do for our family. He tells me all the time that he is glad that he gets to clock out and he always tells me how good our house was and that hes glad I'm here to do it.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No I always feel appreciated.

Was that always the case.. No.. Many years ago I felt taken for granted. Funny thing (though then it never crossed my mind..I was to busy looking for my own slaps on the back....) my husband felt the same way. We both felt that we were unappreciated and taken for granted. Neither one of us actively showed one another how much we appreciate each other. We were both to busy complaining about not feeling appreciated, comparing what we did to what the other didn't do, or just playing tit for tat (he didn't so why should I...she won't why should I... ) to even recognize that the other was hurting and feeling the same way.We learned that we both had to start showing our appreciation for one another on a regular basis. We both needed to not only acknowledge but accept that we BOTH deserved and needed to feel appreciated. It wasn't a one way street. Once that happened, everything changed, for the better.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Does he all the bills?
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think it goes both ways.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i would def rather work some days than stay at home... and i do feel taken for granted all the time....
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• He always makes me feel appreciated about staying at home. Just that way he is :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm a WAHM. Not only do I bring in the larger salary, but all the household/childcare chores fall to me. It's truly thankless, but I appreciate the freedom my salary allows me that many SAHM's don't have. What gets me is after working all day and having my son home, he gets home and sits on the couch talking about how hard his day was... He just doesn't get how hard it is.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 6:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011