What to buy for a new baby.

this is our 3rd baby and 3rd girl well I don't have any clothes from the other girls and I have to buy them this time around since I am not having a baby shower. I never had to buy clothes before because everyone has always gave me clothes. My baby is due Augest 9th. Well, I want to buy some sumer clothes. I know I don't need many since it is close to the end of summer, but everyone knows girls clothes are so cute to buy especially if they are summer clothes lol. Well the question is how much do I actually need? I am buying clothes from 0-9 months since they outgrown them so fast that way I don't have to turn around and do more shopping.

How many
0-3 month onsies
3-6 months onsies
3-9 month onsies

0-3 month summer clothes (she is born in Augest)

0-3 month pj's
3-6 month pj's
6-9 month pj's

pants/shirts 0-3 months
pants/shirts 3-6 months
pants/shirts 6-9 months

socks 0-3 months
socks 3-6 months
socks 6-9 months

are there any other clothes a baby needs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Shopping

• How rude, anon

You can never have too many onies, pjs, or socks so buy as many as you can afford with those. As for pant/shirts outfits, I suggest 2 full weeks worth in the 3-6month age. 1 full week in the 0-3month age. Unless you plan on dressing her up everyday. Congrats on your new little girl!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• under shirts and sweaters 0/3 months
    rosapeoples86

Answer by rosapeoples86 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You need a lot less than everyone always says you do in order to survive. If you want to avoid spending more than you need than just buy the basics and upgrade if you want after the baby is here. You never know how fast they'll grow!
    Get about
    10 onsies 0-3
    7 sleepers 0-3 (the ones with feet that zip)
    10 onsies 3-6
    7 sleepers 3-6
    8 recieving blankets
    2 hats in small
    1 hat medium
    plenty of burp cloths

If you need anything else than that than it is purely because you want it and not because you need it... Good luck.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 6:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'd get 6 onsies b/c if its warm out she can just wear the onsie but if its chilly out toss on a pair of pants or long sleeve shirt. I'd get some light weight long sleeve shirts & pants for the smaller sizes then for the bigger sizes like 3/6 or whatever get some pants with a bit of fuzzyness in them & some more heavy shirts.

Now this may sound crazy to you but at the end of summer when your new one is born summer clothing will be on sale. I'd buy up on some 12month-2T clothing then for her. Get basic solid colors (never know what style you will like best by then) so just like black/purple/pink solid colored pants then some cute shirts. This way if you come into hand me downs the pants you got will match a variety of clothing.

Buy a season ahead of time & I always buy a bit bigger so your child can get some time in the clothing.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• BTW with my daughter by the time she was 6months she was in 12month clothing & by the time she was 12months she was in 18months - 2T clothing then the second year of her life she didnt even grow a single pound for 11months! So keep in mind that some babies grow big super fast & dont overstock. If you need to pick up more of something you can run out & get something then but go with just the minimum so you dont overspend.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• to anon like I said I never had to buy for my kids someone always gave them to me. My youngest is 3 so I haven't had a baby around anyway for a couple years. I had so many clothes people gave me with the girls that they didn't get to wear all of them so I don't want to buy to many clothes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• id say to make sure you have enough bathing products, lotions, tylenol and so on...you never know when you going to need things like that for your little one...those are the things you don't think to buy, until its to late..
    K-Rob1983

Answer by K-Rob1983 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My niece just had a baby girl, and we went to Sam's and bought her tons of baby lotion, baby wash, wash cloths, desitin, and diapers.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• keisha613

you know everyone always told me that I would use the footed pj;s more than anything and that half the time I would just have the baby in those. But honestly I didn't I love dressing up babies so I would put footies on the every night and then every morning whenever they woke up I would dress them in an outfir lol and thanks.

rosapeoples86

I never used undershirts for my girls. People gave them to me, but I never used them I just used onsies.

momofkearra

I plan on buying a lot of receiving blankets I didn't use burp clothes with the girls I used receiving blankets the burp clothes didn't seem big enough lol.

K-Rob1983

its funny that you say that because I have that stuff on the list to buy because I don't ever like to be without that kind of stuff because you never know what might come up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i also plan on buying 1 box of diapers for newborn

i am going to buy 2 boxes of diapers in size 1

and 2 boxes in size 2 I don't want to buy to many of the smaller diapers because the doctor already said this baby is looking big and my first was 8.1 and my second was 8.7 I am 21 weeks tomorrow
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011