what is the best way to potty train a child

countrygirlmud

Asked by countrygirlmud at 4:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have a schedule for it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Put the on the toilet every hour. Stop putting diaper or pull ups on them. Tell them this is were you Potty at. A lot

Answer by louise2 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• depends ENTIRELY on the child. i found that with girls going out and buying pretty panties and spending a week at home with NO diapers and letting them wet themselves and then be uncomfortable for 10-15 mintues usually solves the problem in 4-5 days. with my boys i found going to the dollar store and picking out 15 great toys, then put them on DISPLAY out of their reach. everytime they pee or poop they get to pick one out. also, everytime they have an accident, don't get mad, just matter of factly have them clean it up themselves.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 9:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I'll be honest - my kids pretty much potty trained themselves. They were all 3, but we didn't have any of the stresses that I've seen some of my friends go through. We did buy pretty underwear for the girls and put them in them when they wanted to wear them. We'd talk about not getting the pony or princess wet. Generally I'd just let them run around in their underwear. We did have a little seat for them that we took to whatever room they were playing in. I never got mad at them for accidents. I'm seeing with my sister that it just makes things worse. With my son, he hated being dirty period. The first time he didn't wear a diaper and went potty in his pants I thought he was going to flip! lol He was potty-trained in just a couple of days! lol
    Pukalani

Answer by Pukalani at 9:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008