Is it ok to still have sex after the mucus plug came out?

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 6:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No. They recommend you don't have sex, take baths, or anything that involves fluids entering your body. Without the mucus plug, you're more at risk for infections.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You can have sex until your water breaks. I never had a mucous plug and had sex the day before labor with each pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Anouck is wrong. It's perfectly safe to continue to have sex until your water breaks, even if you're IN labor :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes, you can still have sex as long as your water hasn't broken.. A lot of women lose the plug weeks before labor starts :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oh damn, you're all right, for some reason I was thinking she was talking about the water breaking... I'm 38 weeks myself, I'm totally losing my mind, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• IMO Ewww lol, I felt gross, but it was only a day later our DD was born so it wasn't a long wait.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No. You have a lifetime for sex, but only a day or two to make sure your child is healthy. Try something less "invasive" if you get my drift.
    Sarahinez

Answer by Sarahinez at 4:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011