Winter skin or eczema?

how do u tell the diffrence/is their a diffrence? what can you do to treat/prevent it?

K-Rob1983

Asked by K-Rob1983 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sometimes eczema is in the joints, i used to have it in my elbows, flipped over. anyway, i passed it down to my son who has a very bad case of it, its all over his legs and arms, looks really bad from the scabs it causes. eczema you definetly know you have when it just wont go away on its own, yes it does require a certain cream but i dont know if a doctor will prescribe it to you or not. Every time i brought it to their attention they just go "owwww!" and that is it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• When my first daughter was little she had eczema pretty bad. Eczema is usually raised and most often shows up in joints like behind the knees, at the wrists. But wether its just dry winter skin or eczema putting a thin layer of A+D ointment and using Eucerin lotion usually helps.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011