Does anyone have a nightmare MIL?

Does anyone have horrible stories about their MIL? The day after I came home from the hospital with my first born mine accused me of trying to kill her because I was having a hard time breastfeeding her and we were substituting formula but she was still losing weight.

Mom1127-0125

Asked by Mom1127-0125 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• My poor sister has a mil from hell she works for the Devil. I could tell you so many things this donkey has done. It cold take me pages and pages, she is that bad.
    Anonymous

• Ugh! Kind of know what you're talking about. You'd have to know my MIL to understand it....Yeah...I know what ya mean. Hang in there and just ignore what you can't change. Chances are, she won't listen even if you try to explain.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• nope but fault sorry for my brother because his ex's mom was a witch
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• feel sorry
    goobersmom713

• Before my daughter was born we moved to a new place. I still worked full time then & SO works as well. After being in our new place & me being 6+ mo preg we still had things in boxes. One day when she came over she said if she was called out to a house like that (she was an EMT at the time) she would call the state on the safety of a child living in it. I was shocked & upset it was a bit disorganized & there were still things packed but it wasnt awful by any means I felt like such a bad person =(

Mine just says things once in a while like that.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no but I have a nightmare FIL who's seriously insane and meeeeaaan. his wife has learned to just stand back and never saying anything so as not to clash with him, she's like a ghost of a person and it's terrible.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 6:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My MIL wore white to my wedding and kept pulling my husband away from me the whole time (even though he always walked away). We have been married for 3 weeks and haven't even heard from her since though
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thankfully NO. First mil was a wonderful woman who welcomed in with open arms are we were friends almost from the very beginning. Her son and I divorced just a few short years later but she and I remained friends the rest of her life. She often told me if she could have had a daughter she would have wanted her to be just like me. Second mil is a hardworking mind your own business woman. She never interferes and is willing to help with anything we would need help with. Truly in this area I have been deeply blessed.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i have stories but they aren't of my MIL they are of my SO's sister ... she's just as bad as a MIL if not worse in my eyes... i know how you feel just hang in & ignore it
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my SO's mom announced to everyone that i was pregnant before we actually announced it...she announced it to my ex's family (she has this twisted dream in her head that they will one day be back together), when people were asking me about it on my facebook, she was actually responding to all of them, telling them names that she likes, that she was hoping for a girl, telling them my due date (which she was wrong about), then she even had balls to tell my SO's son that he was going to have a little brother...needless to say, my SO is pissed and we haven't talked to her since!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011