Do you ever sleep in a cap with deep conditioner ??

My hair is so dry, i need to do something to repair it

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 6:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• im going to try coconut oil i heard it works wonders. you get it at your grocery store it comes as a paste you warm it up put it in your hair wrap your hair with saran wrap and bamb good to go... focus mostly on the ends and i wouldn't use heat or brush to much because your end will be very sensitive. and wash your hair twice because you are putting oil in your hair and oil and water don't mix well.i did on with egg whit avocado and olive oil it works okay

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Don't do that. You are over treating the hair, and conditioners aren't designed to do that. Your hair will be filmy, and probably get worse. Go to a salon, and get an internal treatment, not just oil and wax coating the hair. Internal treatments add protein and moisture to the core of the hair, rather than put a band aid on it. They don't cost that much either.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• OR have you ever done and at home diy olive oil treatment
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No. I have the opposite problem. I need to wash my hair every 12 hours or so or it looks like I poured oil all over it. If I use conditioner, it looks like I took a bath in olive oil.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You need protein to hold moisture and moisture to hold protein...
    Musicmom80

• oh make sure its organic. and i wouldnt do this everyday or even once a week more like everyother month. i went to a salon and paid for a treatment and it did not work my avacado and egg/ olive oile worked better than their treatment.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011