Worrying about other's weight

Why are so many people so worried and judgemental about some else's weight problem? It is not like you have never seen a fat person before. Overweight people know that they are over weight, sometimes they are working on it and sometimes you give up and don't care. You can be fat and happy, even if not the healthiest.

They don't need anymore judgement than the judgement they have on themselves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd rather be fat than a judgmental bi***!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes . . . . anon . . . you hit it right on center . . .people who judge others because of their weight are doing it to feel good about themselves. "At least I am thin and can control myself."

It's pretty sick.

If you are worried about a loved one's specificc health problem, it is another thing, but that would be about the problem, not the weight.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• blowing kisses

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Amen. People are so quick to point out other people's flaws.. Who cares ifsomeone is big?! It' not like they are hurting anyone but themselves.. and most people are happy being big. We could all learn a lesson from them. Be happy with who you are!
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 7:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thank you! One of the big things that sealed the deal for me and my hubby was that he didn't try to put me on a diet like my previous 3 bfs had done. He loves me exactly as I am and actually tells me that he would be sad if I lost weight for him or anyone other than myself. And yaknow what? I'm happy. So it's not anyone else's business! Hooah!
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• bow downbowing down THANK YOU!!! Not all of us "unhealthy, uncontrolled fat people" can afford your country club membership. Our "gym" is the not-so-safe sidewalks along busy streets, usually with child(ren) in tow in a horribly overpriced jogging stroller.

Before you even THINK about judging me walk a mile in MY shoes, get to know me and my lifestyle before you get all high and mighty/holier than thou on me.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Agreed!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I am working on mine and work hard so sometimes the comments I get are harsh but I just keep moving.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• While I don't generally worry about random people I don't know (their lives, their issues), I DO get concerned when they teach the same behavior to their kids. Let's face it, being overweight is just not healthy, and can definitely lead to some major issues (diabetes, heart failure, etc). If you, as an adult, choose to ignore those issues, that's your problem. But to pass that along to your kids, that's not right. People should want the best for their kids, and that includes their health and eating habits...

And yes, I worry about my friends too, because I don't want them to have health issues or die young. Now believe me, I'm not the skinniest person on earth, and I do need to lose some weight, but I'm trying. And I feed my son as healthy a diet as I possibly can....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't like it. The thing is that many people have habits that are not healthy. Even skinny people. Most habits you cannot "see". I think it is a double standard, and there is no reason to comment on how someone looks.

Our society feels that picking on "fat" people is okay. What if we were to start picking on "dumb" people . . . or "stinky" people . . . or "ugly" people, and somehow try to justify that?

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011