Tattoo questions

Can a scratch on a tattoo be retouched? It's my boyfriends and he got it on the opposite coast, does he need to go back to the place he got it? It's the darkest black tattoo I've ever seen(he's had it for over a year), is there a special name for this? I asked him and he just laughed and said it was black. I've seen same day tats that weren't this vibrant. I told him I'd find him a place, but I really don't want them to screw it up.

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Just look around for a reputable shop, and call and ask them about touching up. Some places will touch the art of others, some won't. Good luck with it! And as far as the black goes, his skin probably holds the pigment well. I've seen some tattoos done by the same artist on different people, and some just hold the color better than others.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Any reputable tattoo place can fix it . . . as long as it just means adding the color. Just ask around and find out who has the best reputation.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• He would have to go back to the place he got it originally. I have a tat that was done by an American permanently living in Germany. It's so screwed up and scarred. I've talked to various places here at home and they all have told me that the will have to redo the whole thing, they can't just fix the messed up parts.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011