She wont leave his privates alone!!!!

i have a 10 month old girl and a 2 year old boy. they have been bathing together since the baby could sit up in the tub unassisted. the past few nights she has taken an extreme interest in my sons penis! i mean, she is bound and determined to grab it. i tell her no and move her away, but she fights her way back. my son will tell her no (mainly because he copies everything i do). i had planned on giving them a bath together for a few more years, but now i dont know. I know its nothing sexual, but its still not okay for her to do this. Should I continue bathing them together and try distracting her, or already start seperate baths? im home alone at night for bath time, so i'm not too sure about leaving either of them alone while bathing the other.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 7:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just put swim trunks on him or undies after he is clean and let them play.
    Mine are 6 and 8 and stil play in the tub together with swim suites on.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• if it were me, then no, I wouldn't...she's just "exploring" and she doesn't have it, so it's different for her. But bath time will become a negative experience if you're always telling her no. Big brother will learn to tell her no too and that's going to be her favorite word :) Just bring brother in the bathroom while you bathe her, then hold her while brother takes a bath.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• She will get over it. You can take her hand, bring it back to her and say, "Hands to yourself." After a while, she will stop trying. ANd, the swinsuit is an excellent idea!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• ditto swimtrunks should help. she is just curious because he has a part she doesnt have.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 7:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's just a phase but do continue to say no to her. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011