My daughter has clothing issues. What to do?

I understand its hot in Houston but my 1 year old daughter would much rather run around in a simple diaper than let me put some clothes on her. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if she weren't ready to be potty trained. Now I have to really watch her because I will look up and the diaper will be in one spot and she will be in another. Any ideas on how to fix this?

mzangie1011

Asked by mzangie1011 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She doesnt like dresses either ? They are less constrictive and she will be free underneath without pants.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• She'll wear them before she'll wear an outfit with pants or bottoms its just she's not fully walking and i'd hate for her to mess her knees up. On top of that, unfortunately, I'm kinda high maintanence when it comes to clothes so the only dresses she has are for when we go out.
    mzangie1011

Comment by mzangie1011 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• if she'll wear dresses, then just get a bunch of cheap play dresses from TArget...kids are going to mess their knees up anyway :) my daughter is 2 1/2...so many bruises on her legs, its unreal .
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• How about some "Holly Hobby" type tops, they tend to be a bit longer but not dress length or else just let her run around in her diaper and a tee shirt at home. Might also try some inexpensive cotton summer dresses for playing in. We mom's always like out kids to look nice but they do get dirty playing, we had clothes for going out in and clothes for play when the kids were little.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 7:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• you could always get some pink duct tape and put it around her diaper. not too tight and not touching the skin though!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My son doesn't go the nudest route so much, but at that age he was hard to get dressed and threw a fit about clothes. He was barely talking and I found that if I let him help in letting him pick out his clothes when we go shopping and giving him choices about what to wear. Somehow, do you want to wear x or y is easier than lets put this on. I occasionally remind him that this is what HE picked and threaten to put him in something else. Perhaps DS is sick of diapers. Maybe you can put her in some big girl pants and tell her that she can wear them as long as she pees on the potty and when she makes a mistake you put the diapers she doesn't like on, if she's ready she might be trained in a heartbeat.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• @hotelmom123 I might have to try that. She is kinda partial to some of her outfits. And she is learning how to put her clothes on. just last week she shocked me and her dad by attempting to put her pants on. So I will start letting her pick her own clothes out and hopefully that will make a difference.
    mzangie1011

Comment by mzangie1011 (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My ds would rather be naked too. But when it comes to clothing he refuses to wear jeans so I let him wear fuzzy pants and gym pants alot and that helps alot.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• my daughter is almost three and hates clothes she is always running around in her diaper!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011