Father's are just as important! adult content

My mother met my father at church go figure. But he was all bad boy. A few month later I was conceived. After they slept together he wanted nothing to do with her. Said he wouldn't marry her if she was the last woman on earth. He later got another girl much much younger pregnant and then married her. When he left my mom didn't tell him she was pregnant. He didn't find out I exsisted until my grandmother told him I had been born. A few years later my mother married another man (who later would prove to be just as big as of low life)Well my father didn't like him or my mother a threatened to kill them and my other siblings that had been born. So my mother fled, she moved away in the night and I didn't see him again until shortly before I married my husband. Until I was a teenager I had thought my SF was my father then one day I caught my mother cheating because she had been cheated on over and over again. And she told me everything. So when I met my father I had hoped she had been wrong. I had dreamed of this man who would sweep in and fix everything. Say how he had been searching every second since I had be stolen from him. Not the case. I keep thinking if I had had that stable home I was suppose to have had maybe I wouldn't have went through all the stuff i had. Maybe I wouldn't have slept with all those guys, maybe I wouldn't have did all those drugs, maybe I wouldn't have spent from age 14 on the streets after being thrown out by yet another SF. Fathers are important, they give little girl a guide on how to pick the right man. They show her how a man is suppose to treat a woman. They protect her, show her how to love. If it hadn't been for God I know 100% I would have never had met my wonderful husband. I know he is a great father and will show all those things and more to our children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• group hug

Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 7:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Fathers are just as impartant if they are stable, and be there for the ones he love. I'm sorry your bio dad couldn't do it nor any of the men that your mom choose as a sd. You are lucky to have a man in your life that wants to do it.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• What happens to us as children causes life long pain and confusion and heartache. Sounds like you manged to find a way out of that hell. Congratulations to you and your family.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I absolutely agree with you. My mom left my Dad when I was 14 and it was hell. He does all he can to feel better about the things that happened when we were teenagers. I get so irritated with some of the women here that do all they can to discount their child's father's role. My parents eventually got back together and my Dad was/is a good father and grandfather, my mom was self fish and only thinking of herself.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thank you for the reminder
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2011