How can I get dog urine stains out of my carpet?

I have tried everything. Nothing works.

doriska

Asked by doriska at 7:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pets

• honest to goodness...there is a product that we used to use..(we don't have carpet anymore) and for the LIFE Of me , I can't think of it....when I do, I'll let you know, b/c it works awesome...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i've used everything, to Natures Miracle, and then some, and I don't think it ever comes out all the way.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Petsmart carries Natures Miracle. If it is an organic stain 9blood, urine,feces,vomit) this stuff will remove the odor AND the stain.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• a paste of baking powder or oxy clean and water. rub it into the carpet and let it set for about a half hour to an hour. vacuum it up. If the stain still isn't gone idk what to tell you.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If it is a light color, then some vinegar might lighten it up. Urine is difficult.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i always use vinegar
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had great success with renting a Rug Doctor (steam cleaner) and using OxiClean powder in it. It removed all the pet stains and made the carpet smell new. In between steam cleans, I use Woolite Pet Stain remover and it works well, but sometimes you can still see the spot on the light carpet. (Though it completely removes the smell.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• vinegar
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We have been using vinager and it doesn't work. GL. We need to figure that out as well. maybe something citris. We bought citrus natures miricle from petsmart. We need to give it a try. If anything it will make the house smell good.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011