Why does every single famous person change their name?

Just kidding. I know why. Good thing you know too.
If I were them I'd have it changed too I suppose, but it's for security. I've had many weird awful things happen and never had my name changed or got a new identity, probably because their is nothing that a person could take from me.
I'd rather not be famous.
I know who my savior is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Entertainment

• Kiefer Sutherland didn't change his,either. But, I agree with you OP, I'd rather not be famous. I love my nobody little corner of the world.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• They don't all change their names. I imagine for some it's to do with security but it often also has to do with the entertainment media itself. Producers, etc. often want a name that people will remember and where movies are concerned, one that more aptly reflects the roles, etc. a person would be playing. Think about it...Marilyn Monroe has a much better sound to it and sticks in peoples minds easier than Norma would have and how about John Wayne. Somehow his actual name, Marion, just doesn't fit the rough n tumble image they created in the movies.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 7:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011