Which are the better methods not to get pregnant?

i want to know whats better and more safe not to get pregnant the pill,the shot,mirena?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Abstinence! I don't think any of them are completely safe.
    Anonymous

• it is not worth risking your life to take all of the man made drugs to not become with child, i agree abstinence is best and you need to also know when you are at your peak before your monthly to monitor your time of the month.
    safiya

Answer by safiya at 6:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I am pretty sure that all of them have the same effectiveness, but I know that the shot has been known to affect your bone density with prolonged use. I would do a little internet research on side effects, but I'm pretty sure you'll find that the pill has the least side effects of all the options.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Hubby and I used the pullout method and it always worked except for the times we did try to get pregnant lol, but it's not 100% effective and I am in no way shape or form telling you to do that.. Abstinence is 100% but if you take the pill or the shot mix that with condoms and you should be good to go
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 6:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• This was a HUGE issue for me as well. I talked several times to my doctor a/b all different types especially since I am still breast feeding. According to him and the research I have conducting Mirena is the best way to go. My doc told me that there was a study done w/ the Mirena and all the women that participated none of them had any trace of sperm, and the others did. He also said that it will give you lighter periods in a shorter amount of time and is removable at anytime. It's also safe for breast feeding moms. Hope that helped some =)
    lilprincess_08

Answer by lilprincess_08 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Have you had yours inserted yet? I was just wondering if you have liked it or if the insertion was painful. I'm pregnant with my second child and wouldnt' want my birth control to interfere with nursing. Also, is it expensive and how do they do any mainenance?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I have the Mirena and I LOVE it! They'll put a topical numbing creme on your cervix that felt to me like a warm feeling. The worst part is when they straighten your cervix to insert it and then it's only discomforting. No biggie. You may bleed on and off for a month or so, but then they get shorter and lighter and sometimes I even miss a month (kinda scary at first). Right now when I get my period I only need to use a panty liner. It's been two years since I did mine. Love being spontaneous and I was horrible at remembering the pill. Another option I used before my last baby was Nuvaring. Um I think it was $600 but when you spread that out over 5 yrs it's a way better bargain! You go back a few months later so they can check you and trim the strings if necessary (hubby won't feel them trust me!) and your good to go! Hope this helps!
    allord

Answer by allord at 9:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• just throwing this in for a chuckle..the others answered it well already..My mother used to holler at us as we were going out the door on a date.."keeo that nickle between your knees"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• FRANKLY WE ARE NOT DOCTORS GO SPEAK WITH YOURS.
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 12:05 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I don't know about the IUD's, but I am 17 weeks pregnant and was on the pill (and actually remembering to take it like I was supposed to) when I got pregnant. I won't trust the pill again. My mom was actually on the pill when my brother was concieved also. Even though that was 25 years ago and I know that medicine has advanced a lot since then. But I know for a fact that the pill is not as efecctive as you will want it to be if you don't want to get pregnant.
    no1sbabygirl81

Answer by no1sbabygirl81 at 3:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2008