At what age did you notice your boys started eating you out of house and home?

just wondering when i should be expecting this..my son is 6 and still eats like a bird

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• my son is 9 and i cant keep enough food in the house!!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• About 9..when the first of hormones start kicking up. It gets really bad 12-25. Been there, done that.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Our oldest is 14 and he started at around 13. It seems like he could eat everything that's not nailed down. We do keep after him though. He's only allowed to eat in the kitchen, no food in the living room, or his room, and he can only have junk, like chips once a day. I know it sounds mean, but we want him to learn that even though he's hungry doesn't mean he can fill himself full of junk. He's been a big milk drinker since about 12, and I limit that to Breakfast and Supper, or he would drink it all day on the weekends... We have 2 more boys, 8, ad 7, and I pray they don't put us in the poor house when they're his age,lol......
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my son is 6. he'll be 6 1/2 on April 30th

His name is Blake but pet name is BLAKEN since he's been known to eat a pound of bacon solo. I've seen him eat a 12 egg omelet (diner made him as a joke.... ended up cleaning plate) and for him to goto bed w/ a full belly each night would mean I'd be eaten out of house and home. He's still teetering at 49.5 pounds, hasn't gained any weight in a very long time since he's so active. We dread the teen years, he's well off all children s menus and can eat a food long sub if we allow him.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Hopefully not before they're old enough to get a job ;p
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 7:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Around 9 both of my boys started eating more than I do.

Answer by missanc at 7:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• hibbingmom...that is cute, blaken =) lol
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my son is a year old, and he has already started eating like a pig. he eats twice as much as his half brother (5) it seems.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Glad to know its about 9. My oldest is 9 and I'm starting to notice it more and more. My 6 year old will be 7 in June and he still eats like a bird most nights, but there are times he can outeat me.

12-25 is scary stuff.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It was around 6 for us.. He is 9 now and eats way more than my 220 pound husband.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011