wonder if its a allergic reaction or just a rash????

well my son two days ago had a bad fever that lasted 2 days but then i took him to the doctor and they told me he had infection in his throat so they gave him antibiotic but then he got a rash on his face and back
so im wondering is it alergic reaction or just cause by the fever that he had

note that when he was having the fever he had red bumps not that many
but then he had an outbreak so please help i need advice if its something i need to worry about oh no

dont know whether if i should continue giving him his medicine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It would be a good idea to call the doctor so you don't need to worry anymore. It could be whatever was causing the fever is now coming out in rash, or if it's the med then maybe he shouldn't be taking it. But let the doctor decide about that instead of continuing or stopping it. I hope he feels better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 5:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• my son had a fever for 3 days and then got a rash. he had a virus. it should go away.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 6:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Call your Dr, it could be an allergic reaction, best to check and make sure.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 6:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• you should have called your dr at the first sign of a reaction. i'd call him right away or take your child to your local emergency room.
    rocketgirl22

Answer by rocketgirl22 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 28, 2008