Is it okay?

I am 17 and I started seeing someone else. Ihave twin girls. Me and their father couldnt work things out, so we split.
I know its only whats best for my girls.
But im afraid their dad with get mad even though it isnt ANY of his buissness.
Will it make my slutty??
Because Im not!
But, I really like this guyy.

Your opinion??

GraciesMommy464

Asked by GraciesMommy464 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think I have enough information to be opinionated in this matter.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• May I ask you something.

What does "slutty" have to do with dating someone you are interested in? Think about that one honestly to yourself. Whatever definition you personally use for the term "slutty".. Would you fit your personal definition of that word just because you choose to date someone?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think it's best to not be dating when you have kids to take care of. Wait until they're older.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• well mama i would do what you think is right for you and you babies. but at the same time i wouldnt rush into anything that you think your going to possibly regret. how long have you know the new guy?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• As long as your girls are still your number 1.. happy well taken care of.. etc.. then i dont see the problem. If you are interested in someone .. go for it! Just because you have kids doesn't mean you are broken or something. :) Good luck!
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 8:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• As long as you put your kids first, and don't introduce them to any of the men you date until you are very serious. It is not good to bring adults in and out of kids' lives.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You're 17 years old, I think it is important that you get the chance to be a normal teen sometimes. However, you don't need to get serious right away. Start slow only going out once a week and talking on the phone after the babies are asleep. I wouldn't advertise that your dating someone else until you know its a relationship thats worth the fight. Also, don't have this guy around your girls until you are serious and commited; sex doesn't mean you're commited either. Bringing a lot of different guys around your girls could be something you regret. At your age most guys will say they're willing and ready for the instant family that you have, but they really aren't. It's a lot to take on and they may not be able to handle it once they get a good taste of what you are dealing with. Good luck! Be safe!
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No it does not make you slutty!!!! It means that you too deserve love and happiness and all the while not saying your jumping right to marriage, as long as your girls come first, and you continue to go out with "friend" when dad has the girls.... there is nothing wrong with that. "dad" manages to do himself. Dont let anyone TRY and make you feel bad about going out after all school, work, twins..... you go and enjoy some dating time. Have fun
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 8:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'd definitely get my stuff together before I worry about boys. You need to put your kids first and yourself second. You need to worry about your girls and getting your education so you can better yourself and your situation for your kids.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• well....i think if you keep your mind on your girls which i know you will! then there is nothing wrong with it what so ever!! I know you are a GREAT mom and you do everything for your girls so why can't you have that part of your life where you can have fun?! just because you are a teen mom doesn't mean anything! all teens date, mommies or not!! good luck girlie!! =)
    Rydersmom95

Answer by Rydersmom95 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011