Foggy fishtank!

I have a little two gallon fish tank that I just got on Saturday, with two guppies and a little sucker fish. The water was clear on Saturday, and now its foggy looking. It was a gift, and the person who gave it to me gave me all the stuff I need for it (net, filter replacements, rocks, food, etc) along with something called water conditioner (top fin brand). The pump is working, and I'm not sure what made the water turn so foggy looking. Any ideas on what it could be and how to fix it? Thanks!

CollegeMommy121

Asked by CollegeMommy121 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pets

• It may be part of the "cycling system". If you have a pet store that sells fish, you can bring them a sample of the water and they will tell you exactly what you need to add to the water.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 9:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• This happens, I don't know why, there is actually a drop that can clear it up.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• maybe the ph balance. Call a local FISH STORE...... tell them what type of fish and size tank, pump etc.... they will be able to tell you how to fix it.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 8:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2011