How do you do Tuna Melts??

I know some restaurants do them like grilled cheese, with butter on the bread, but I don't like them greasy.

How do you make them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I make them like grilled cheese too... but I guess you could toast them
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I make my tuna with chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper,oregano, mayo or miracle whip. Split an Italian roll in half. Tope bottom half with tuna mixture, add lettuce and provolone cheese and heat till cheese melts.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I like to prebroil buns or bread, then add whatever mixture of tuna you like with a cheese top then broil until cheese is melted. One of our favorites is tuna with Italian dressing and sliced olives topped with swiss or american cheese.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I do it 2 ways - either between bread, with cheese, like a grilled cheese. Or the other way, I use something bready (bread, bun, whatever), spread on the tuna, top with a slice of cheese, and broil or bake til it's hot - open face melts. Mmmm, now I'm hungry - I think this'll be tomorrow's supper!
    Anonymous

• all of the above suggestions sound about the same as I do mine
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I make up my tuna and then lightly toast my bread or buns. I put the bread on a baking sheet, put tuna and shredded cheese on the bottom piece of bread, sliced cheese on the top piece of bread, put it in the oven until the cheese melts, take them out, top with veggies and eat. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I do them like grilled cheese. Or you can make up the tuna. toast your bread then add cheese and nuke it for a few seconds
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011