night time help

so at night when i lay on my side my shoulders hurt me can any tell me y?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• get your SO to give you a massage or go to a massage place. Pregnancy takes a toll on everything on your body.
    Anonymous

• Are you using a full body pillow? Depending how far along you are in pregnancy, a pillow between the knees can help when laying on your side. I used a full body pillow I'd made, which not only padded my legs but it helped me wedge/tilt my body enough to take off some of the pressure.

If the shoulder pain keeps up, talk to your Dr. They may be able to suggest a different sleep position, or have other ideas.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 6:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Your body is having to adjust to more weight on your frame than it's used to...and obviously in pregnancy, that weight is not very evenly distributed! ;) lol.

I would recommend using a small pillow between your knees, a small pillow or stuffed animal to wrap your arms around (to prevent your shoulders from getting strained by your arms ending up in weird positions) and a medium-large pillow behind your back. That last pillow will help your spine support your body and hopefully prevent some of the pressure from falling on your shoulders/neck.

Hope that helps!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2008