HELP!!! with my tropical fish ( sword tail)

i am setting up a new tank and i have both sword tails and guppies. one of my male sword tails seems to be extremely aggressive! to all the fish in the tank.
in my tank there is 2 male swords , 3 female swords and 1 i thought was a girl but i need to double check on that one , 1 of my females is very pregnant , i also have 2 male guppies 1 def female guppy and 2 babys that i think are female . 1 of my babies is in a breeding net as she was tiny when she got put in a bag by mistake she a lot bigger but still small so still maybe eating

the male thats causing the problem is a red sword tail he wont let the other male swim around at all and pester all the other fish i think he even hurt a few of the fish

my question is why is he so aggressive i've never seen a sword tail like this before ?
and should i risk taken the baby guppy out the breeding net and putting him in the net instead for a few days to give the rest of the tank a break ?

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 8:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pets

• Take him back to the pet store. Everyone in the tank will eat the babies, so don't let them in with the others.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yeah i know they will eat the babys i am just gona save a few baby after there born the baby guppy at least 2 weeks old now s
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Read the Best Answer here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• we not really botherd about baby gettin eatting thats what happens .
    he been like this since day one he just wont leve any of the fish allowed he allways chancing them and the other poor male taken to living in the small gap between the glass and breeding need because as soon as he comes out the red sword tail go for him
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• and by the sounds of it its 2 males and 4 females swords
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011