Are there any moms out there who conceived their child with an anonomous sperm donor?

My daughter who is 12 was conceived that way. Just curious to see how your children handle the news or if you have kept that truth from them and why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• I actually tried to conceive my daughter using an anonymous donor and before I did, I talked to a friend of mine who was conceived that way and she didn't have one problem with it at all. She was told around 10 I think and she had been raised by two parents who loved her very much so she says she honestly doesn't feel like she has voids in her life or questions or anything. She has really accepted that her father couldn't have kids (chemo) and they wanted to be parents...the best route for their family was to buy a college kids swimmers! She says it just like that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My husband's aunt's girlfriend did that so they could have a baby. I'm not sure what they've told him, if anything...but he's about 13 now so he must know SOMETHING by now.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My married sister has 2 kids using this way.Same donor for both kids,they look like sibblings so she dont plan on telling them the truth,Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2008