What should you do if you believe

a member may have a virus or something similar that activates when viewing their profile page?

Can CM check something like that out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I'm not really sure.. I swear that happened to me when I got one 1 members profile some weird stuff popped up on mine after I clicked hers I got off FAST..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• you could run your own virus-protection...and not return to their page...and notify CM.
    i've never run across this, though.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• How do you notify CM?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• this is why i don't really care to be friends with anyone on here. ya never know anyone on here.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• click at the bottom of the page where it says contact us
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• you could run your own virus-protection.

The good ones have the ability built in to check a link before you click on it. If you use Firefox, there's an add on called WOT that will do it for you, too. In this case, you could right click on their "see profile" link and see if it detects anything.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• First, it wouldn't be the member, it would be a virus that is embedded into whatever ad that is running across the person's page at a given time and ths ads are random and recylce. Secondly run a virus scan on your computer and update your security settings, fire-wall, and anti-virus software. Lastly you may want to change your browser settings from the default "Medium" to High. The downfall to this is it interferes with Java scripting on other websites so depending on where you visit you may have to readjust it as you browse the web.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had that issue, i discovered there was a redirect malware link hidden in a background picture on my profile. removed it, took care of it.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 7:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2011