Stuffed Animals

I remember giving up dolls around 12.
My son is 8 and loves stuffed animals
Around what age do boys lose their attachment to stuffed animals?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know, my son is 8 and LOVES his stuffed animals. He has two cats and a dog, has named them and made a bed for them out of a box, lol. I thought he'd be too old for that but he loves it.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I still have some of my stuffed animals from when I was a kid, lol. As for boys, I don't know for sure. Mine is only 5 and he loves his.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i don't think mine will because its more my attachment to them. I gave my son mine..and then i have bought him many "first" stuffed animals through the years. his valentines bear, an easter bunny..a christmas bear..etc.. they are special to him at the time and he still plays with them but i will always have a special place in my heart for them. I am stuffed animal hoarder. lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My son is almost 16 & he's still attached to many of his stuffed animals. He keeps several special ones on a shelf in his room as decorative objects & reminders of memories of his childhood.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It depends on the boy. Some never do. And hey, I kept a few of my special stuffed animals, and put them up, and when each one of my kids were born, I gave them one. I think that it's really special to see my kids cuddled up w/ a stuffed animal that I can remember cuddling up w/ when I was little. I wouldn't worry. :)
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• He'll do it in his own time. They're all different.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It just depends on the kid.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2011