When you go into someone's home, do you judge them by what you see; decor, cleanliness, clutter, etc.?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 8:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• of course. whether your judgement is negative or positive, its still judgement.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If I don't see pictures of their kids I feel instantly creeped out and judgy and very uncomfortable. If framed portraits of your kids don't fit your decor, you're a stepford mom and I'd rather not get my SAHM cooties on your sofa
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Judge, I don't know if I would say judge. It does say a lot about a person how they keep their home though.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Nope.. I won't lie, I am human and judge people in regards to many things... Those types of things, aren't on my list though.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Only if it's super duper nasty and they have kids. I have clutter, but I'm not nasty and filthy..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Not usually, unless it is like out-of-the-ordinary dirty or something.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't judge other people but I definitely judge myself, and always feel like people will judge me based off that. I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to my home, and it annoys the crap out of me because its never clean enough/organized enough, but I always get compliments from other people. I'm my own worst critic when it comes to that.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Clutter and decor no judging. Nasty filthy dirty uncleaned to the point where I don't feel comfortable sitting down and would die of thirst before getting a glass of water I'm judging.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oh, absolutely. I was invited to my friend's apartment. She has a young baby & I took my son over there. I'm pretty sure the dogs pissed on the carpet. There were roaches everywhere...crawling in the seat I was in! Gross! And the smell...oh, the smell. I could taste it. It was nasty. I didn't stay for long at all & I never went back. I didn't know how nasty she & her family were.

I have clutter. I have a lot of stuff. But I am not nasty.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i judge by cleanliness. I don't want to sit on your sofa if you have animal feces in the corner of a room. if there is dust an inch thick. basically if your home looks like one of those on the show hoarders. sorry but its gross. its one thing to have a mess going on and let your house go for a few days but some people live in filth and it makes my skin crawl.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011