What is the best type of foundation for covering redness?

laa.wera

Asked by laa.wera at 9:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If you have any type of significant flaw, I recommend you try Derma Blend. I know that Macy's carries it.  Here is the website link:

Derma Blend

I use their Setting Powder on top of my foundation.  They really are great products!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have awesome luck with BareMinerals . . . I have very red skin on my face, and it does a really good, natural job.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I used merle norman for a long time, now I can't afford it.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• avon have there smooth minerals make up and it does real well coving up redness...you can shop my online store if you like www.youravon.com/lhawkins
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 9:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Clinique super balanced makeup with redness corrector moisturizer, primer, and eyecream
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Bare Minerals does a fabulous job!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• bare minerals doesnt have enough coverage in my opinion... Cover Fx is formulated specially for ppl with troubled skin , redness , acne scars etc , it hides ur imperfections really good i have a friend who dealt with bad acne scars and its all she uses , it is a medium/full coverage if thats what ur interested in you can find it at Sephora.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's not the foundatin that'll do it but a primer meant to conceal redness that goes on under your foundation. Smashbox has a great one; it's green (you need a green one to combat the red in your skin tone). It not only reduces the redness but it also makes your foundation go on smoothly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I was going to recommend the Smashbox primer as well. I have very red cheeks and this product is a dream come true for me. I can wear it under almost any foundation, even bareMinerals and my red cheeks are completely masked. You can get it at Sephora and I'm pretty sure that you can get it at Ulta as well. Smashbox also have a tri color primer that I recommend. I've seen it at Ulta and picked up a sample and I was pretty pleased with it as well.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 1:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• bare minerals and mac
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 1:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011